SARMs and Steroids, their differencesNovember 24, 2020
SARMs are an innovative supplement category in the bodybuilding and fitness world – an alternative steroid replacement. The effect of the intake competes with the prohibited type of doping, however, there are no side effects in this case, taking into account the competent use. According to average statistics, you can gain from 3 to 8 kg of muscle mass per month, of course, if you have training and proper nutrition.
The abbreviation SARMs stands for “Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator”, which means “selective androgen receptor modulators” (NR3C4) – a transcription factor that regulates gene expression by interacting with deoxyribonucleic acid. “Sarms” are a new class of ligands – molecules that bind to the central metal atom, forming a coordination set of androgen receptors.
- Initially, before the development of the fitness industry, steroids and other hormonal drugs used today as doping were created to treat dystrophy in humans and animals. Several classes of drugs have been invented for horses or cattle, but have found widespread use among athletes. Overdose or improper use can lead to side effects. It sounds paradoxical and hard to believe, but a significant proportion of anabolic steroids are intended for the treatment of animals, but not for humans.
- Scientists were tasked with creating “steroids” specifically for people, after which there will be no side effects.
Differences between steroids and “Sarm”
Steroids (anabolic drugs) are products of peripheral metabolism responsible for virilization, to a greater extent testosterone is converted into the female sex hormone estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. The more synthetic testosterone enters the body, the more this enzyme is synthesized. This function is a cleansing process for a man’s body and, unfortunately, is inevitable. With prolonged use of steroids, the work of the Leydig cells of the testes in men is dulled, the resource of which is cholesterol. As a result, after the “pharma”, there is an increased production of female sex hormones against the background of zero presence of male ones.
In other words, I got off the course – “leaked”.
SARMs form a bond with male sex hormone receptors and include targeted plastic metabolism especially for muscle fibers, as well as the human skeleton, in contrast to anabolic steroids, somatotropic biologically active substances and prohormones. As a result of absorption, “Sarmas” penetrate into the bloodstream, then, through membrane mobilization, they enter the cytoplasm and combine with androgenic proteins or glycoproteins. Combining with the target domain in the androgen receptor activates one or another receptor. Activation of associations from the terminals of the dendrites of sensitive neurons, glia, specialized formations of the intercellular substance and specialized cells moves into the nucleus. There, the process of attaching to the hormone, the sensitive element of the gene, takes place. Transcription of the target gene is provided, forming a special protein.
In a simplified form: taking SARMs eliminates the aromatization of male sex hormones. That is, after the “Sarma” course there will be no significant rollback (maximum 30% of the gained).
Features of Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator:
- Lack of side effects that occur with the use of steroids;
- Active hypertrophy of muscle fibers due to the targeted action of the active substance;
- Improvement and strengthening of bone and connective tissue;
- Does not suppress the synthesis of its own sex hormones;
- Does not aromatize testosterone into female hormones;
- The production of somatotropic growth hormone is enhanced.
Types of SARMs:
- Myostan (Miostan, YK-11) – the effect of SARM + myostatin inhibitor – one of the most powerful types of “Sarma”, which has an anabolic effect stronger than classic oral steroids;
- ACP-105 – similar in action to testosterone. The anabolic index of the substance is 3.19: 1. The supplement is much safer than the usual doping in the absence of side effects;
- Radium (Radium, RAD-140) – in the USA the most demanded “CAPM”, since it does not have a negative effect on the prostate gland with high efficiency, similar to potent drugs;
- Ligandrol (Ligandrol, LGD-4033) – Perhaps the most powerful selective modulator in terms of regenerating scar tissue after exhausting physical exertion, however, lack of training will not give the desired result;
- Ostarine (Ostarine, MK-2866) – Potent SARMs have a vasodilating effect, especially in targeted training. Increases overall endurance and productivity several times;
- Mastorin (Mastorin, S-23) – stimulates lean mass gain, accelerates fat burning, increases muscle density, dryness and definition, enhances venous pattern. It can be used in basic and formative training cycles, but given the profile of the effects, it is most advisable to take S-23 at the stage of preparation for the competition;
- Stenabol (Stenabol, SR9009) is a new drug that has a local effect on metabolic biomechanisms that activate the rapid growth of strength and mass. More suitable for athletes who want to increase strength;
- Cardarine (Cardarin, GW-501516) is a fat burner that increases strength. The action is similar to growth hormone, however, without side effects;
- Ibutamoren (Ibutamoren, MK-677) – increases lean muscle mass, reduces the percentage of subcutaneous fat, and also dilates blood vessels and capillaries. The depth of the muscles is also drawn;
- Andarine (Andarin, S-4) – more suitable for the regeneration of bone and connective tissue and during the recovery period after injuries;
- Laxogenin (5a-hydroxy-laxogenin) – enhances muscle protein synthesis and is excellent for PCT. 5a-hydroxy-laxogenin, was introduced to the public back in 1992. It is not a prohormone (i.e. it is not a precursor of hormones).
- Does not interfere with hormonal levels;
- Does not require PCT;
- Increases protein synthesis and reduces protein breakdown by suppressing cortisol;
- Has no negative effect on the liver;
- Not caught on doping control;
- It can be used not only by men, but also by women;
- It has a beneficial effect on the condition of the joints and the thyroid gland.